Best Rash Guards for MMA and BJJ fighters
When a beginner decides to train in combat sports like BJJ or Mix Martial Arts, he/she thinks that all he needs is gloves, a mouth guard, and some sportswear.
- ROAR BJJ MMA rash guard Constructed with high quality poly-spandex Material lightweight,...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Very lightweight, less resistant, and fits very close to the body to offer quick...
- Rubber waist band for a perfect coverage.
Let me tell you that it is not like that. It does not matter; you are a beginner or professional; the training session should be comfortable and enjoyable.
One of the best pieces of equipment that every professional athlete uses during workouts is rash guards. MMA and BJJ fighters are training twice a day when they are preparing for the tournaments, so they need to stay focused and feel as comfortable as possible.
Scrapes and skin burns are one of the most annoying things while training because it distracts your attention. Rash guards’ main point is to protect fighters’ skin from being damaged. Moreover, suppose a Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu fighter is using GI. In that case, fighters are used to wear rash guards under it because, while grappling and attempting submissions or trying to take down your opponent, GI is damaging a skin.
Also, fighters are sweating a lot. I will tell you by my example that I am losing 3 kilograms (6.6 pounds) on average during one training session, and feeling all the sweat drops on your body distracts your attention.
In MMA, everything is all about the experience. Not only fighting, even purchasing stuff like Boxing gloves (Depends you want for sparring, bag work, or pad work), additional supplements like protein, BCAA, and so on. When beginner fighters decide to buy rash guards, they are mainly focusing on design.
Well, there are lots of sports shops nowadays, but not everyone is selling high-quality products.
Top 6 best rash guards you can buy online
Well as I mentioned before, there are lots of sports shops, and you can see different kinds of rash guards, with good design, but these kinds of rash guards might lose their color, and damage your skins more so, let me give you some advice, which rash guards on the internet are the best for MMA and BJJ.
1. VENUM TECMO RASHGUARD – LONG SLEEVES – DARK GREY
Venum is one of the best brands in this sport. This brand guarantees quality; at least this is the brand, which makes shorts and gear for the UFC fighters. Well, Venum has lots of different kinds and prices of rash guards but let me choose one or two.
- Impressions sublimated into the fabric for maximum durability
- Elasticity and resistance
- Band "Rubber" located at waist for keeping your rashguard the right place
Well, this is the love sleeve rash guard I would love to wear. Of course, first of all, it has an amazing design, but there is other stuff to focus on.
- This product is produced using the greatest quality processes and has a compression technology that improves performance and recovery.
- Technology Venum Dry Tech regulates the temperature of the body and wicks moisture.
- The rubber band around the waist allows for a secure fit while also providing complete coverage of the upper body.
- This MMA / BJJ rashguard makes you swift and sharp.
- Hi-tech management of your body heat and efficient removal of perspiration.
- Its reptilian design will turn you into a predator ready to crush your opponents.
2. VENUM GLADIATOR 3.0 RASHGUARD – LONG SLEEVES – BLACK/BLACK
- Compression technology improves blood circulation to the muscles and speeds up recovery time
- Fitted cut leaving no Outlet to your opponent
- Reinforced seams
Long sleeve rash guard, I could wear every single day! Thanks to its compression system the Venum Gladiator 3.0 Rash Guard offers a second skin effect that lets you move easily.
- Mix 87 percent Polyester and 13% Spandex for maximum flexibility while training.
- Reinforced seams
- Venum Compression Technology: Improves blood circulation and helps accelerate recovery.
- The Venum breathable insulation system wicks moisture away to keep you warm and dry while exercising.
3. Raven Fightwear Men’s Odin Nordic Rash Guard MMA BJJ Black
Another great brand that produces high-quality rash guards is Raven. Raven Fightwear is an Australian brand, specialized in MMA apparel. Their design is created around Norse mythology and ranges from complex ‘loud’ designs to simple designs with minimal color.
One of the most beautiful and useful rash guards you can find on the internet.
- Sublimated graphics will not peel or fade providing long lasting durability
- Rubber lining at the waist keeps rash guard secure during movement
- Reinforced flatlock stitching for long lasting durability
Raven’s compression shirt can warm athletes during training and keep the required temperature. All the benefits written down above optimize comfort and performance.
Raven Fight wear Rashguard gives you a second skin feeling. A compression shirt hugs your body tight while never compromising on comfort, as we said before, and is crafted to be breathable and sweat-wicking during intense training and even competitions, which is really important because IBJJF approves raven’s rash guards.
- Of course, Raven is utilizing the highest quality material. Unlike Venum, this rash guard has varying proportions of materials. The long sleeve compression shirt is composed of 80% polyester and 20% spandex.
- Fabric is lightweight and breathable.
- Four-way stretch for flexibility
- Reinforced stitching for durability
4. Shogun Fight’s SAMURAI BJJ Rash Guard – is one of my favorite ones
Another fantastic brand, which produces beautiful and high-quality rash guards is Shogun Fight. Shogun Fight creates top-quality, beautifully designed, dye-sublimated no-GI BJJ fight wear, including long and short sleeve rash guards, shorts, and grappling spats for Muay Thai and MMA.
- BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED - Shogun Samurai BJJ Rash Guard, great for Full color Samurai Art front and...
- ULTRA DURABLE for tough Jiu Jitsu training
- MULTIPLE SIZES - Availbale in Small to XXX Large
The Shogun Fight Tao Jiu Jitsu Rashguard is breathable, light, and sturdy. Built for BJJ and other grappling arts, this wrap-around dye sublimation graphics will never crack or peel off.
- Construction and fabric resist wear and tear.
- Tight compression fit for grappling
- Fabric with high-quality stitching
5. Skawa fight “Samurai” Rash Guard, Long Sleeve
- ✔️ DISCOVER THE MULTIPURPOSE ULTIMATE MMA RASHGUARD FOR ATHLETES: Designed by jiu-jitsu masters,...
- ✔️ KEEP YOUR BODY COOL DURING INTENSE TRAINING SESSIONS: The advanced, moisture-wicking...
- ✔️ FOCUS ON YOUR TECHNIQUE, WE WILL HANDLE YOUR COMFORT: Made from thick lycra polyester and...
Skawa fight rash guard is another big brand on the market. Really good quality and eye-catching design.
Has an eyecatching design, protects your skin, and helps you to improve during the training sessions. Skawa fight Rash guards are truly one of the best, at an affordable price.
- This breathable men’s rash guard was created by jiu-jitsu experts and is perfect for BJJ, No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, weightlifting, boxing, sparring, wrestling, jogging, hiking, or CrossFit.
- Made from thick lycra polyester and soft spandex blend, 4-way stretch. Our all-purpose BJJ, MMA rash guard for men will offer you a comfy, snug fit for endless hours of outdoor or indoor training.
- The lightweight and quick-drying MMA rashguard is ideal for outdoor activities such as cycling, surfing, swimming, running, and mountain biking and has an SPF of 50 to protect you from the sun’s rays.
- Even after hours of rolling, the advanced moisture-wicking fabric will keep moisture off your skin while ensuring that you remain cool and comfortable.
6. LAFROI Men’s Long Sleeve Rash Guard-CLYYB
- 【UPF 50+】UV protection fabric helps you fight against sunburn; to create barrier above the skin
- 【Multi-Use】Suitable for most outdoor/indoor activities, good to use for water sports, you shall...
- 【Lightweight & quick dry】The fabric absorbs moisture well while maintaining its breathability,...
Relatively plain design, but great quality. This Brand also provides a picture of the sizing chart, which helps you purchase your size rash guard. The fabric absorbs moisture well while maintaining its breathability, and continuously keeps your body out of humidity. “
Burst” series spandex empowers the compression to hold your muscle and prevent overstretch; simultaneously, creates elasticity that makes you comfortable to move.
- This rash guard is made up of 80% of Nylon and 20% of Spandex.
- Elastic closure
- Machine Wash
- UV protection fabric helps you fight against sunburn; to create barriers above the skin.
- Suitable for most outdoor/indoor activities.
- Useful for water and combat sports, too.
My advices before byuing would be
Moreover, some cheap products like rash guards, or additional supplements like BCAA, might damage your health seriously so, I would love to give you some advice, what to focus on while choosing a rash guard for yourself.
Best size for you
It would be best if you found out what is the best size for you. Some of the fighters enjoy when the rash guard is tight, and there is no place between the rash guard and skin; by my example, I prefer it to be tight to not to feel any drop of sweat, but there is another type of fighter who chooses to leave a little space between his skin and rash guard because narrowness is uncomfortable for him.
Choose Purpose-built rash guards.
Most people think that all the rash guards are the same. Guess what? It’s not true. There is a different kind of rash guards, for different kind of sports. MMA and BJJ fighters’ rash guards are solving the same problems, so it does not matter which combat sports fighter you are, but you can’t wear water sport rash guards because there are different materials, and it is created to solve various problems, for water sport athletes.
Make sure to buy relevant quality rash guards
Even if you buy rash guards for MMA or BJJ, it doesn’t mean that it will do its job and protect your skin from getting damaged. Trust me, and you prefer to pay only once and a little bit more than buying ten times bad quality “cheap” rash guards. At least it affects your health.
Easy to care
One of the biggest problems while training with amateurs is that they are not experienced at all in taking care of their products. One of the most annoying things during grappling is to feel the annoying lousy smell of sweat. Well, try not to buy hand washed and hung to dry rash guards, find rash guards which can be washed and dry in a regular washer and dryer, because there are special sanitizers, which kills most of the bacteria’s on rash guards, and destroys the smell of sweat.
Short sleeve or long sleeve
Just like the size of rash guards, Sleeve’s matter, too. Remember what I told you at the beginning? The main idea is to feel comfortable and focus on the training with 100% to improve. But there are some tricks, too.
I prefer long sleeve rash guards for several reasons, but let me tell you the advantages of both.
Long Sleeve- people choose long sleeve rash guards because it protects your arm’s skin from getting damaged, too, and it is a bit easier to make someone tap with long sleeve rash guard for two reasons. The first reason is that the hand no longer slides, the hand is not slippery, and it is easy to catch someone, for example, on a rear-naked choke, guillotine choke, arm triangle, etc.
Short-Sleeve- some of the fighters are using slippery as an advantage to survive from some submissions. For example, if you are trying to escape from your rival’s guard, it is easier to slip your hand between your body and your opponent’s leg when your hand is slippery. Well, it is all up onto you, try both of them, get the experience, and decide which one is better for you.
Looking good while training
Last and not least, choose the perfect design, for you! Trust me, looking good while training really motivates you!
Above, you can check out several brands, which produce excellent rash guards. Of course, you might find other good brand’s rash guards, not only on the internet, but maybe in the shops, too, but I recommend that wherever you are buying it, do not save 10$ or even 20$. It is not worth damaging your skin, and this price difference will give you a more significant difference in comfort while practicing hours a day on the matt.
Well, check out all the advice I gave you at the beginning of the article, check all the rash guards linked in the article, find the perfect rash guard for you, let’s get down on the floor, and start doing our best on training. Good luck to you!